Monday 19 August 2013

Welcomes and Introductions


“There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn.”
Dr Johnson
 
~ J. Ward: An Introduction
 
Greetings dear reader. I humbly introduce my first foray into the world of ‘Blogging’. Some of you may be familiar with my published works in various magazines and pamphlets (though probably not). To those who do not, I would simply say myself and a group of dedicated accomplices attach a great deal of importance to the serious business of drinking, conversation and occasionally having a decent plate of something hot to prevent the onset of malnutrition. To this end, my rambling and irreverent despatches are based on the pursuit of all three, steering the reader in the direction of places which act as bastions for the above; places of excellent quality for the discerning drinker. This blog is designed as an overspill to soak up my day to day considerations and observations, allowing me to keep an active stream of comment between the sometimes yawning gaps in print publications - charting my footloose progress about the country, taking me from the soaring majesty of our urban Victorian gin-palaces to the sleepy village inn peopled by toothless, badger baiting locals. I hope you, dear reader, will enjoy what you see, and excuse any ragged edges which will doubtless exist to begin with, as I do battle with this new fangled ‘Blog’ technology.
 
Ps, see the Holborn online magazine (http://theholbornmag.com/), Doghouse British Pubs magazine and Hot Rum Cow magazine for a few of my other works.